Monday, June 4, 2012

me...in every footstep...running a 5k

My brother, sister-in-law, and mother have convinced me to run a 5k with them in October...


so that means I needed to get to work.






I have not ran more than a mile or have done any kind of significant aerobic exercise  in more than 3 years.


I started on Friday 6/1/2012.


I ran on the treadmill after work at the gym that we have at our office building,
which is pretty awesome that they provide a gym to us.


Also, they just upgraded their treadmills to some very nice ones.
They have alot of features to help track your runs, and
cable tv or ipod capability for some entertainment while you do it.


I started my first day with a total of 2.2 miles.
I did it running and walking at some parts to rest.
I completed the 2.2 miles in 22 min 25 sec.


I thought it was pretty good for as long it has been since I have run.
We will see how I continue to improve.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that everyone is catching the running bug in the family! Can't wait for the race!

    ReplyDelete