Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hi !!!

Ali has been having a hard time lately and received some special visitors today.


First, pictures.





Ali has been fussy this week. A few weeks ago we took Ali to the doctor because of mucus in her stool. The doctor said it was probably due to changing formulas. Well, it never went away. Yesterday morning I found blood in her diaper.


I took her to the pediatrician again, well another pediatrician, who said that she has a milk protein intolerance.
So, she is back to the Alimentum formula.
I saw all the signs, but the doctor dismissed all of them. 
I think deep down I knew better (I have 2 nieces with milk protein intolerance) but I didn't really want to see it after seeing all the difficulties they have had.
Anyway, I could've kicked myself because her recovery will be much longer now and she is hurting more now. 
Lesson 1 of parenthood: mom really does know best.
The doctor said that it will take months for her intestines to heal completely.

While she was there they weighed her... 8 lbs. 6 oz.!

Ali's Uncle Allan & Aunt Suzanne came to see Ali for the first time today.
Since they came today, and since they have already lost control of the truck driving here due to the ice, they will be spending the night. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment