Friday, April 22, 2011

A good day

 As I sat and watched Ali eat her fingers today I thought of the many lessons my mom taught me.
Most importantly, the sacred responsibility a mother has to teach her children. I felt a large sense of that responsibility today.
Not only is my one child a miracle from heaven, but she is just a little joy.
It's not always easy to be a mom, as I have yet to really learn, but I hope I can be half as good as my mom was and still is.

I also felt deep feelings of gratitude today for my sweet husband. 
In over three years of marriage he hasn't complained about anything I have or haven't done (I know better than anyone that there has been a lot for him to complain about).
But there have been unceasing words of kindness, hope, encouragement and love.
 
Ali and I are truly the luckiest girls in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment