Sunday, April 10, 2011

Paintings, Strawberries, and Ali

We had another painting adventure. We went to Sips n’ Strokes to celebrate Becky’s birthday (one of Jodi’s sister). We had lots of fun.
jodi painting
adam's painting

To see Becky’s painting, go here.

Ali now weighs over 11 pounds.
She continues to smile a lot when she first wakes up. Which is always better than waking up to a fussy baby. She still has not rolled over on her own, and she does not like to be on her tummy.

Here she is sitting in her boppy pillow looking at the little sun on her play gym.

IMG_2839

Another pretty dress.
IMG_2843
IMG_2846

Here is Ali in the same dress taking her nap and kicking her covers off… like always.

IMG_2850

Yesterday we started working on the family garden again. (It's at my parent's house.) We had to move the strawberries to a separate part of the yard so we could till the garden.
Here is a picture of it right before we transplanted them. They already have small green strawberries on them, and there are a lot of flowers for more to come in.

0409111505

0409111538

0409111538a
Here is a funny anecdote. One night we were making a no bake cookie recipe. Jodi said, “Put the flour in the pot.” So, I grabbed the flour and put it in the pot.
(See picture below of the result.)

IMG_2842

Results: A lot of laughter

Also, here is our newest friend in our home. A cactus.
This picture was taken when it still had flowers. There aren’t any flowers on it anymore. Hopefully, they will bloom again.
IMG_2835

Other great news! I have recently found out that they have changed how study abroad credits work for a degree in foreign language. Because of this I can now graduate by this summer. The problem I was facing when I found this out was that I had already told the Occupational Therapy Department that I would not be applying to the 2011 masters program after all.
Well, since I could now apply to the 2011 program because I will graduate on time, I went straight to the department to see if they would still take my application I had already completed.
They said they would still consider it and see if there were still seats available for me to get in.
Bad News: No more seats open.
Good News: With my credentials I scored # 1 on the waiting list in case someone decides not to accept the seat they were offered.

The OT Department chair said that they normally have someone drop out due to some reason or another and that my chances were good of them calling me.

Bottom line, I don't have to wait another year to finish all of my schooling. (That is, if I get in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment