Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Birthday & A Service Day

Ali gave me a present for my birthday yesterday.
A picture of her finding her feet.


Yesterday I was fortunate enough to help with a home building project for a family.
This family experienced alot of losses from the tornadoes in Shoal Creek Valley.






See a video about their story here.

The work started yesterday at 6:00 am with one group, and they had part of the back wall and a side wall up. 
I arrived at about 8:00 am with a group of volunteers and some other volunteers arrived later in the morning.

This is what the home looked like when we got there.


Here is part of the crew that I was working with.


Once different crews started working on different sections of the house, the work went quick.








I left for a Birthday dinner at 2:00 pm. There were 3 small walls remaining to be put up, but here is the final product of the day after they got them put up.


We were able to get all of the frames up in a day. More work still to be done though.

No comments:

Post a Comment