Sunday, January 19, 2014

New State, New Home, New Mexico

We have now reached our
New Home
in
New Mexico.

We first drove there,
and drove,
and drove.


We slept some...


Ali read some ...


We ate some...





And Played some...


Drove some more...


 Ali even held Jake's hand to provide some support.


Then we finally arrived at our new home:
Clovis, New Mexico.

We did not get our things from the moving truck for about
a week and a half!

So with our camping chair for furniture,
air mattresses for sleeping,
and the few toys we packed in the car
we continued our lives.

I have started my new job.
I am enjoying it a lot.
I get to treat
adults from around the area from many cities and towns,
service members at the air force base,
and even some kids every now and then.

I work at Plain Regional Medical Center
in the Outpatient Healthplex
which is a part of


I work regular business hours Mon - Friday,
no weekends (which I love),
I get holidays off (which I love),
and I really like the team of therapists here.
Most of them are PT's, but
there is one OT that has been there for years.
She is my mentor and is awesome.

We are currently looking for another full time OT,
so if you know any let me know. : )

The kids have been doing great.
They continue to love to play together,
and have been great sports with the move.


Jake is crawling more than ever,
And...


even some walking when holding on to something.


We are finally settling in to our new home:
unpacking boxes,
putting up pictures,
making friends,
learning the community,
and finally getting some time to watch movies and relax.

We even will have some family coming in town to visit us in 2 weeks.
We are excited for the new life we have here,
even though we are far away from some family,
and closer to others.

More pictures to come of
us...
in every footstep

2 comments: